Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Thankful!

Shout out to all the men who have, and do, give their service for our country!!
My husband, my family and friends!
My wonderful Dad gave twenty years of his life in service to our country and although it wasn't easy on the family moving every two years or so, it certainly broadened our world, introduced us to other cultures and helped us learn how to adapt to change very quickly.
Not sure I'd change any of it, if I could.
Thank goodness my Dad is still with us....and continues to give of his time to his family and others, in his retirement.

These cards were made using a great Retired stamp set called "For Your Country."
Sometimes I like to go back to my retired stamp sets and re-introduce you to them, in case you've forgotten about them yourself! Helps us pull out our older stuff and get some more use out of it! :-)
I used all the same colors and basic design, but altered the backgrounds with a few different techniques to show you the fun in it!
I created the flag background behind the standing soldier by just scribbling on an acrylic block with Stampin' Write markers, spritzing it with water, and 'stamping' it on Whisper White heavy card stock.
It's fun and exciting because you'll get a different look each time depending on how much water you spritz. :-)

~Happy Stamping!!



For those of you who do not have this set, Stampin'Up released a similar one you can use in the same way, called "Loyal and True."  It's fantastic too!! I'll attach a picture of it below. :-)

Hope this inspires you to make some cards to honor the people you know whom have served our country and are still serving....the guys overseas would LOVE to get some random cards too. Connect with your local squadrons for addresses to get cards to our boys far from home!! They'd greatly appreciate them!

God Bless our men in ALL uniforms who serve us and our country!!

~Happy Stamping







Loyal and True stamp set #143879


Oh My Stars embossing folder #143710


Stampin' Spritzers # 126185


Acrylic Block bundle # 118491
(sold separately too)





No comments: