Monday, February 7, 2011

Vintage Wishes

Ohhhhhh.....ever worked on a project and get all the way to end....almost complete it except for that last little detail.....and then......screw it up?!! Well, here is proof that I'm just as good as the next person at doing that! :-)
I was so excited to have this card coming along well....matching the idea in my head (you know what I mean about that, right?) ....and then after I stamped the bird inside the cage, I went to wipe off the excess ink off the embossed cage and......well, just take a look!! I forgot that the red ink colors seem to take a bit longer to dry....and smeared it all around the bird. Ugh!

I hope you enjoy the design, though, and that it inspires you to try different techniques with your stamps. Notice I was able to use some of the paper from the Holiday Mini Christmas DSP!! And the flowers were made using the 3/4" Circle punch and the 1" Circle punch.





Stampin'Up! supplies used:
Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla cardstock, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta ribbon, Silver embossing powder, Crochet ribbon and Hodgepodge Hardware.


No comments: