Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Amazing You!

Ok, you know I wasn't too thrilled with my first attempt with the Brusho Crystals. Lol.
So, I told you I'd be playing more with them to see what I could do, and it turns out that just using a spritzer bottle works so much more effectively than pushing the aqua painter around in the crystals. 
You get some prettier effects that way!

The following two cards were my attempt at simplicity. :-)
Same design, two different card bases so you can see the difference your background color makes!
SO much fun!!

I used the Brusho Crystals in the blue and yellow. I love that the crystals within each container are not all one solid color, but a myriad of hues. You never know what you'll end up with! :-)

I wanted a big floral stamp to add just a simple line image so the colors could just do their thing...so "Birthday Blooms" was my go to. (LOVE this stamp set! A keeper for me!)

I used Watercolor paper on one and Whisper White card stock on the other...to be honest, there wasn't much of a difference in the way the color and water performed on the papers. I had to iron them both, once dried, because they both drew up some. The more water you spritz on the more blended the colors are, so work it until it's where you want it to be. You can also dab off excess water with a paper towel and add more crystals and water to achieve your look. 
You'll see that the watercolor paper has a bit of a texture to it, and I feel like I don't get as crisp a stamped image on it.

Break out your die cuts and have fun pairing your words together! :-)

~Happy Stamping!






Birthday Blooms stamp set #140658

Brusho Crystals #144101

Celebrate You thinlet die cuts #146840
(FREE with $100 purchase in Sale-A-Bration catalog)


Basic Rhinestones #144220





No comments: